TMC has a complete and seamlessly functioning team created with some of the very best practitioners nationwide. Our High-Risk Breast Clinic has impressive outcomes and cure rates between 80 and 90 percent are common for most patients. These are made possible using a number of approaches:
- Initial mammograms with close follow-up help us track the community’s needs, at large, and those who may be at high-risk.
- State-of-the-art MRI technology is available to our patients through Radiology Ltd.
- Ultrasound biopsy is available with quick turnaround time, resulting in clearly communicated pathology. Tucson Pathology and Tucson Medical Center’s pathology department work together to review complex results.
- A certified breast health nurse navigator is available to patients from the onset of their diagnosis throughout their treatment to help design the best treatment plan and implement it for individuals needing support.
- Weekly breast case conferences are held to discuss team approach to new cases and patient care.
At TMC, experts in oncology, surgery, radiology, and pathology work together to form a team of specialists to provide whole-person care for those with lymphoma. Other professionals are included as needed. Our team members work together to provide patients with the most advanced treatments available, including:
- Savi Scout placement prior to surgery. New pathway to successful tumor removal
- Savi placement to reduce the time of radiation therapy while improving outcomes
- Genetic testing to help drive safe and effective outcomes
- Oncotype DX testing to better understand long-term cancer risk and more effectively drive treatment choices
- Biosorb placement at time of surgery to better assist with upcoming radiation
- Reconstructive breast surgery beginning at the time of breast tumor removal surgery
- Minimally-invasive surgical techniques practiced by certified practitioners
- Minimizing scarring without compromising breast cancer treatment through the use of hidden scar technology
- Clinical trials for patients in conjunction with Mayo Clinic consultation
- Continuously updated use of the most recent therapies
- Computerized education individualized for each case with knowledgeable discussion available to each patient on a one-on-one basis with the breast health nurse navigator