The Patient and Family Advisory Council for Women's & Children's Services is made up of families, physicians, clinicians and TMC staff. The council provides an opportunity for patients and families to influence how care is delivered at TMC across policy, care, education and program development.
PFAC's mission is to create a patient- and family-centered environment, which promotes the best possible collaboration among patients, families, physicians and clinicians, while working to improve the standard and delivery of care.
PFAC's core values include:
- Integrity and Respect: To honor and respect patient and family perspectives, choices, knowledge, values, beliefs and cultural backgrounds.
- Participation: To encourage and support patient and family participation in care and decision making at the level they choose.
- Education: To promote patient and family education of institutional policies, family-physician communication, and patient and family centered care.
Achievements to date
- KidSpeak Mobile App
- Assisted in the layout of the pediatric lobby for the Tucson Orthopaedic Tower
- Worked on procedure to have pediatric patients scheduled for surgeries first in the morning
- Improved process for parent induction in the pediatric operating room
- Improvement of the pediatric patient food menu
- Assisted with creating a child friendly Pediatric Emergency Department lobby
- Worked to create a “Sensory Room” in the ED for children with sensory needs
- Worked to introduce infection control education for families with games for the children
- Helped to create child friendly wording for specialty procedures
- Worked to support breastfeeding mothers through the creation of a breastfeeding cart with refrigerator