Special visitors and entertainers who want to visit our patients are screened by the Child Life Program to make sure events are safe, appropriate and respectful of patients’ rights. Applications should be submitted 2-3 weeks prior to desired visit date.
We love having visitors, especially around the winter holidays, but due to scheduling and demand we must request that any special visitor application be turned in prior to Nov.15.
For the safety of our patients, we cannot accept every offer, but please know that we do appreciate you thinking of the children here.
- A Child Life staff member or designee must accompany special visitors and entertainers.
- Requests for programs with religious themes are referred to Pastoral Services
- Everyone participating in the special visit must be 18 years or older
- Is your group affiliated with a professional organization, business or charitable group?
- Groups of five or less are preferred
- All visitors must follow infection control policies and privacy policies. During flu season this includes having a current flu vaccine.
We consider events that are:
- Highly entertaining, educational and therapeutic
- Distinctive (we can only accommodate so many similar acts)
- Appropriate for our patients’ age ranges (infant to 18 years)
- Religiously, politically and socially neutral
- Appropriate for the hospital setting
- Safe for our patients emotionally and physically
- Appropriate for the space available