Bone Density Exam
Pre-Payment Package Program for Bone Density Exam
Osteoporosis can be detected through bone densitometry, a medical test that measures the amount of bone using small amounts of X-rays. This non-invasive procedure is painless. TMC has the fastest technology available with scans taking only 90 seconds.
Test results are available to your health care provider in 48-72 hours. Results include sophisticated comparisons made to a reference population based on age, weight, sex and race. We have experienced radiologists with 15 years experience in bone densitometry and registered technologists specially certified in bone densitometry.
- To receive package program rates, full payments must be received two weeks before services are performed, otherwise full charges will be billed.
- Packages are for self-pay patients only, not for patients covered by insurance.
- Program prices do not include fees for surgeons, anesthesiologists or physicians who interpret tests or procedures. Physician fees are billed separately by the physician’s office for each procedure or test performed.
- Required preoperative lab work is included in the package pricing when the lab work is performed at TMC. Lab work must be completed prior to the day of surgery or procedure.
- When scheduling your procedure, your doctor’s office MUST state that you are enrolling in the package program.
For more information, please call (520) 324-5976 to speak with a financial counselor. The financial counselor can assist you with package program guidelines, billing and payment arrangements.
Patients and Visitors
- Patients and Visitors
- Community Care
- About Your Stay
- Quality and Innovation
- DAISY Award
- Gift Shop
- Package Plans
- Pastoral Services
- Campus Maps
- Pay Your Bill
- Preparing for Surgery
- Check Out Tucson
- Medical Record Request