Labor & Delivery
Pre-Payment Package Program for Labor and Delivery
Tucson Medical Center’s Special Delivery Pre-Payment Package provides parents, who do not carry health insurance, a birth package when they plan to have their baby at TMC. The program offers the most comprehensive package in all of Southern Arizona.The Special Vaginal Delivery Package Pricing is $2,300*. It includes:
- Up to two days stay in the hospital from time of admission
- Medications and supplies for newborn circumcision if requested
- Medications and supplies for Epidural if requested
- Up to four days stay in the hospital from time of admission
- Medications and supplies for anesthesia
- Medications and supplies for tubal ligation (if requested)
Please note: If you are planning to have a vaginal delivery but due to clinical reasons require a cesarean delivery, you will be billed for the difference in the program price providing all other qualifiers are met.
*In the event you or your baby require additional days in the hospital there is an additional cost. Our Labor & Delivery admitting representatives will arrange these fees. You can also speak with the representative about these costs when enrolling. These prices are for a normal delivery, without complications to either mother or baby. Physician fees are billed separately and are not included in the package price.
- Payment in full is required prior to entering the hospital for delivery.
- For the health of the mother and baby, a physician from our list of participating physicians MUST be selected prior to your delivery.
Please call our Labor & Delivery admitting representatives at (520) 324-2785 to enroll or for more information about this package. The financial counselor can advise you about the package procedure cost, payment arrangements and provide you with a list of physicians admitting at TMC.