Pre-Payment Package Program for Tubal Ligation
Commonly known as “tying the tubes,” Tubal Ligation is a sterilization procedure for women. It consists of cutting, cauterizing or binding the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy. It is done by laparoscopic surgery under general anesthesia.
A small abdominal incision is made and the tubes are tied by suturing in two places. The segment between the sutures is cauterized, pinched or cut. These procedures render the patient permanently sterile. Tubal ligation is an outpatient procedure and usually patients can return home in few hours.
- To receive package program rates, full payments must be received before services are performed, otherwise full charges will be billed.
- Packages are for self-pay patients only, not for patients covered by medical insurance.
- Program prices do not include fees for anesthesiologists or physicians who interpret tests or procedures. Physician fees are billed separately by the physician’s office for each procedure or test performed.
- Required preoperative lab work is included in the package pricing when the lab work is performed at TMC Pre-Admission Testing. Lab work must be completed prior to the day of surgery or procedure.
- When scheduling your procedure, your doctor’s office MUST state that you are enrolling in the package program.
For more information, please call (520) 324-5976 to speak with a financial counselor. The financial counselor can assist you with package program guidelines, billing and payment arrangements.
Patients and Visitors
- Patients and Visitors
- Community Care
- About Your Stay
- Quality and Innovation
- DAISY Award
- Gift Shop
- Package Plans
- Pastoral Services
- Campus Maps
- Pay Your Bill
- Preparing for Surgery
- Check Out Tucson
- Medical Record Request