ABC's of Water Safety Checklist
- Do you maintain constant eye-to-eye supervision with children around ANY body of water (pool, bath, buckets, etc.)?
- Have you assigned an adult to supervise children around ANY water, especially at parties?
- Do you know that floaties or other inflatable flotation are NOT life jackets and should NEVER be substituted for adult supervision?
- Have you posted the 911 emergency number, and both the home address and phone number on every phone?
- Is there a fence in good repair that separates your pool from the house and play yard?
- Is the pool gate closed and locked?
- Are all doors and windows leading to the pool area locked?
- Is there any way a child could get into the pool, such as squeezing through a hole in the fence?
- Have you emptied all containers that hold water and stored them upside down?
- Is there a clear view (no trees or other obstacles) from the house to the pool or spa?
- Are there chairs, tables or toys nearby that a child could use to climb over the pool fence?
- Have you been trained in CPR?
- Do you have your child enrolled in swim lessons (if over the age of 4)?
- Have you taken appropriate safety classes before boating or jet skiing?
Interested in classes? Check out our Safe Kids Tucson Partners:
- Community Benefit
- Advisory Councils
- Girls on the Run
- Kids Safety
- Pet Therapy
- Senior Services
- The Core
- Wellness Programs