At TMC Hospice, we do our best to keep patients at home with their loved ones and in their familiar surroundings. But when the need arises, for pain management or respite care, our home-like inpatient unit, Peppi's House, is available.
24/7 RN support
We offer 24/7 support of a registered nurse for phone triage or home visits.
Admitting a patient or obtaining an evaluation
To speak with the Admissions Desk:
- Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., (520) 324-5624.
- After hours, on weekends and holidays, this phone forwards to the main hospital phone number, (520) 327-5461. Ask the operator to page the hospice nurse on call.
Evaluation for hospice care
To order an evaluation for hospice, we need a physician's order faxed to (520) 324-5770 or a verbal order called into (520) 324-5624.
- Face sheet
- Order for TMC Hospice - Evaluation and admit to TMC Hospice if patient is appropriate
- H&P or most recent progress note, recent labs
- Most importantly -- Please indicate if the referring physician wants to continue following the patient's care while on hospice or if the physician wants the TMC Hospice medical director to follow patient's care while on hospice.
Tucson Medical Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care