Grief is a natural reaction to loss, and one that each of us experiences differently. We offer bereavement care, sometimes called grief care, in ways that fit each person's values, beliefs and culture. We provide bereavement counseling through support groups and workshops, visits, phone calls and regular mailings of self-help materials.
- Our bereavement specialists can help you understand and work through your feelings by:
- Providing general information about grief and loss
- Answering questions and helping you find your own answers
- Listening to your stories with all the mixed emotions you may be feeling
- Being a caring and reassuring presence
Click for a listing of community bereavement services, including support groups, available in Tucson and surrounding communities.
In addition to facilitating regular support groups and individual counseling to adults and children, bereavement specialists also provide special memorial services for families, staff and volunteers, and can offer referrals to families for specialized services in the community as needed.
2014 Celebrations of Life
Celebration of Life is an interfaith memorial service honoring all who have died under our care during a specific time frame. The service is held quarterly in the Marshall Conference Center on the TMC campus. For more information, please call (520) 324-2438.
- Thursday, March 13
- Thursday, June 5
- Thursday, Sept. 4
- Thursday, Dec. 11
Tucson Medical Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care