Signs of Recovery
There are signs of recovery from grief and grieving, some of which are as follows:
- The person freely expresses feelings whenever he/she needs to express the pain of grief.
- The person owns the painful reality of separation from a loved one.
- The person asks for and accepts help from others.
- The person realizes that grief is a process and recovery is a choice.
- The person acknowledges that bereavement offers an opportunity for growth and creativity.
- The person develops a new sense of self and renewed vigor.
- The person understands his/her life has taken a new direction.
- The person discovers that he/she is able to make new relationships.
- The person can accept the changes that growth causes.
- The person makes an effort to live each day fully and enjoy it.
Tucson Medical Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care