Simple acts of gratitude at the end of life can provide a final opportunity for veterans to know that their service was not in vain and that are appreciated.
TMC Hospice provides care for close to 300 U.S. veterans each year. With the need only growing, we have joined with national partners We Honor Veterans and the Hospice Veterans Partnership to better care for, reach out to and honor veterans needing end-of-life care.
Veterans have unique medical and spiritual challenges, TMC hospice provides ongoing veteran-specific education to all staff and volunteers.
Watch a video about We Honor Veterans shown at the 2014 Rock 'N Rodeo benefitting TMC Hospice:
Hospice Veterans Partnerships have been established in nearly every state to facilitate regulatory changes directing the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to refer care to community hospices if they are unable to meet the needs of all veterans.
We Honor Veterans is a national awareness and action campaign developed by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the VA, goes further than addressing medical needs, including:
- Creating a veteran-centric culture that recognizes the unique needs of veterans and their families and gratefully acknowledges their service
- Providing veteran-centric care by educated staff members who understand the unique challenges veterans face at end of life
- Honoring veterans with certificates of appreciation, lapel pins and American flags as small tokens of gratitude for their service
- Collecting first-hand accounts from veterans to be stored at the Library of Congress as part of the Veterans History Project
- We offer veteran-to-veteran volunteer opportunities, a veteran bereavement support group, and staff and volunteer training
Veteran to Veteran volunteers
If you are a veteran interested in becoming a Veteran to Veteran volunteer, contact our TMC Hospice volunteer coordinator, (520) 324-2433 or email our volunteer coordinator.
The Arizona Department of Veterans' Services administers a number of services and programs for veterans.
Make a Donation
If you would like support TMC Hospice Veterans Program, click Make a Donation and select "We Honor Veterans Program" in the "Designation" drop-down menu.
Tucson Medical Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care