Sleep Diagnostics Lab
The Tucson Medical Center Sleep Diagnostics Lab can help patients get to the root of their sleeping problems utilizing state-of-the-art-equipment and a staff of registered sleep technologists. The TMC Sleep Diagnostics Lab is located off-site -- near to all the support of TMC, yet away from the bustle of Southern Arizona’s largest acute-care facility.
- Patients spend a night in one of our rooms, while a team of sleep techs monitor their nighttime activity with the most current technology available.
- Suites are spacious and themed with the Western Room, Seashore Room, Contemporary Room, Tiki Room and Mickey’s Room for kids.
- Rooms equipped with cable television.
- A shower is available in the morning.
About Sleep Disorders
While it is common for people to experience sleep apnea, snoring, nightmares, etc., most do not have any ill effects. These conditions, however, become medical concerns when they start to interrupt people’s normal sleep pattern and arouses them from sleep.
People who suffer from sleep disorders may experience:
- Reduced attention, concentration & memory
- More frequent illnesses
- Workplace mishaps or car accidents from falling asleep on the job or at the wheel
Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea: Cessation of breathing
- Narcolepsy: Sudden inappropriate sleepiness.
- Chronic insomnia: When a person has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep night after night.
Other conditions seen in the Sleep Disorders Clinic that might affect sleeping patterns:
- Parasomnia, or night terrors and nightmares
- Bruxism, or teeth grinding
- Periodic Limb Movements, PLM
- Excessive snoring
- Nocturnal seizures
- Sleep walking and talking
TMC accepts a wide variety of health insurance plans. Sleep studies sometimes require pre-authorization, and patients are advised to check insurance coverage to determine if this is necessary. In addition, TMC accepts self-pay patients for sleep disorder studies.
For more information, call the TMC Sleep Diagnostics Lab at (520) 324-3318.
TMC Sleep Diagnostics Lab
2100 E. Rosemont Blvd., Suite 110
Tucson Medical Center
- Cancer Care
- Women's Services
- Wound Care