All patients undergoing general anesthesia will be assessed for surgery prior to their surgery date. TMC will contact you up to 2-3 weeks before your surgery to schedule your pre-anesthesia testing appointment.
Bring the following information to this assessment:
- Dates of past health problems and any surgical procedures.
- Bring all current medications, vitamins, supplements and over-the-counter medications that you are taking. If unable to bring in the medications, please provide a complete list, preferably from your pharmacy, of current medications including name, dose, how you take it and directions. Include any vitamins, supplements and over-the-counter medications.
- Results of any recent lab tests, EKGs or chest X-rays.
- Current insurance information. If applicable, patients may pay their co-payment at this time or may be directed to the financial counselor for payment arrangements.
- Medical power of attorney
- Living will
We may need to ask patients to complete certain tests (such as blood draws, urine analyses, chest X-rays and EKGs) if these tests have not already been completed, or if previous tests do not meet anesthesia requirements because they are out of date or incomplete. The test results give your surgical team the most current information on your present health prior to surgery.
For scheduling questions of Pre-Anesthesia Testing call 324-1446.
For other questions call 324-1446, Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m.- 4 p.m.; toll-free in-state, call 1-800-362-7004 or out-of-state 1-800-526-5353, and ask for ext. 4-1446.