Did you know?
Car crashes are the number one killer of children ages 1 to 12 in the United States.
- 40 percent of children who should be in a child restraint are not in one
- 80 percent of child restraints are installed incorrectly
- Every 12 minutes, one person is killed in a motor vehicle crash
- Properly used rear-facing car seats reduce the risk of death during a crash by 71 percent.
- Properly used forward-facing car seats reduce the risk of death during a crash by 54 percent.
Arizona Law requires all children under 8 and 4’9” are required to be secured child safety seat. Child safety seat includes infant seats, convertible seats, forward facing seats or other federally approved safety devices. The seat must meet appropriate height and weight specifications for the child. There is a fine of up to $176 for violation of Arizona State Law 28-907.
- Every child under 8 years old must in an appropriate child safety seat.
- Every child from 8 to 16 years old who is not secured in a car seat must be secured in the vehicle's seat belt.
- Protect your child as they ride! The back seat is the safest. Children under 13 years old should ride in the back seat.
Certified child passenger safety technicians are also available to help you. Click here for more information.
Safe Kids Pima County Child Safety Seat Checks
Child Safety Seat Checks are held at several different locations and are by appointment only.
Please see our Tucson Area Car Seat Fitting Stations for further information. For more information, contact Safe Kids Pima County at (520) 324-2783.
Learn about the best way to keep your child safe
Infants and Babies (0-12 months)
Toddlers and Preschoolers (1-4 years)
Big Kids (5-13)