The program provides degree-seeking students currently enrolled at a college or university with an opportunity to work in the hospital environment while helping support the work of TMC’s clinical staff.
The program requires an interview, medical testing and attendance at an orientation prior to beginning volunteer work. Those successfully complete the program will receive a letter of completion and a professional hospital reference.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program and in the second year or more of classwork
- Able to commit to volunteer work of two consecutive semesters for a total of at least 100 hours of volunteer work
- Able to be present and consistent in a weekly four- to five-hour volunteer shift and not be absent more than three shifts per semester (exemption for university breaks and major holidays)
- Able to provide two professional or educational references at interview
- Able to attend New Student Volunteer Orientation
- Agree to exhibit TMC values while volunteering
Possible Work Areas:
- Child Life
- Clinical Support
- Emergency Department Lobby
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Pediatric Therapies
- Other areas in both clinical and non-clinical settings
How do I become a volunteer?
It's easy, just complete the following steps:
- Learn more about TMC's mission, vision and values
- Review the volunteer agreement
- Fill out the application (The application phase for the 2016 fall semester has closed. Please check back during winter break for limited volunteer opportunities.)
- Learn about volunteer onboarding process