This program provides degree-seeking students currently enrolled at a college or university with an opportunity to work in the hospital environment while helping support the work of TMC’s clinical staff.
The program requires an interview, medical testing and attendance at an orientation prior to beginning volunteer work. Those who successfully complete the program will receive a letter of completion and a professional hospital reference.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program and in the second year or more of classwork
- Able to commit to volunteer work for at total of at least 100 hours of volunteer work
- Able to be volunteer consistently throughout the winter 2018/spring 2019 semesters, in a weekly four- to five-hour volunteer shift
- Able to attend New Student Volunteer Orientation on Thursday, Dec, 6, 2018, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Agree to exhibit TMC values of compassion, dedication, community and integrity while volunteering
- Provide proof of measles, mumps and ruebella immunity as well as a negative tuberculosis (TB) test reading within the last 365 days.
Possible Work Areas:
- Pediatric Child Life
- Pediatric Therapies
- Clinical Support
- Emergency Department
- Gift Shops
- Pharmacy - Pharmacy Technician license required
- Other non-clinical settings
How do I become a volunteer?
It's easy, just complete the following steps:
- Learn more about TMC's mission, vision and values
- Review the volunteer agreement
- Fill out the application.
- Learn about volunteer onboarding process