The program provides degree-seeking students currently enrolled at a college or university with an opportunity to work in the hospital environment while helping support the work of TMC’s clinical staff.
The program requires an interview, medical testing and attendance at an orientation prior to beginning volunteer work. Those who successfully complete the program will receive a letter of completion and a professional hospital reference.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program and in the second year or more of classwork
- Able to commit to volunteer work for at total of at least 100 hours of volunteer work
- Able to be volunteer consistently throughout the fall 2017 semester, in a weekly four- to five-hour volunteer shift
- Able to provide two professional or educational references at interview
- Able to interview the second week of August with the director of Volunteer Services
- Able to attend New Student Volunteer Orientation on Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Agree to exhibit TMC values while volunteering
- Provide proof of measles, mumps and ruebella immunity as well as a negative tuberculosis (TB) test reading within the last 365 days.
Possible Work Areas:
- Child Life
- Clinical Support
- Emergency Department Lobby
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Pediatric Therapies
- Other areas in both clinical and non-clinical settings
How do I become a volunteer?
It's easy, just complete the following steps:
- Learn more about TMC's mission, vision and values
- Review the volunteer agreement
- Fill out the application
- Learn about volunteer onboarding process