Tucson Medical Center is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, a national network of like-minded organizations committed to better serving patients and their families. TMC patients benefit from Mayo Clinic expertise, while continuing to receive their care as close to home as possible.
Through this formal clinical collaboration, physicians aligned with TMC have access to the latest Mayo Clinic expertise and clinical care resources, including:
- AskMayoExpert: A clear, concise online resource – designed and vetted by Mayo Clinic physicians – offering disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions. Also available for nursing and clinical staff.
- eConsults: An opportunity to connect physicians electronically with Mayo Clinic specialists when seeking additional input regarding a patient’s care.
- eTumor Boards: Multidisciplinary educational discussion and informal advice regarding suitable diagnostic tests and treatment options for complex cancer cases. Access and training on this tool will be phased in over the coming months.
- Patient Education Material: A resource including more than 2,500 pieces of Mayo-developed content offered in English and some Spanish, at the sixth- to eighth-grade reading level. Clinical staff can request these resources by contacting Peggy MacMacken, associate administrator for Clinical Practice, (520) 324-1327 or Peggy.MacMacken@tmcaz.com.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds: Recorded, archived events for medical professionals on advances and innovations in patient care, research and education in the areas of cardiology, neurology, internal medicine and gastroenterology. 0.75 or 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) awarded for most sessions; CME credits also available. Access and training on this tool will be phased in over the coming months.
For more information, please visit the Mayo Clinic Care Network member site.