Student Volunteer Program
TMC’s Student Volunteer Program is currently accepting applications for a small number of openings available for Spring/Summer 2015.
If you are interested in applying, please review the qualifiations and expectations below.
TMC Student Volunteer Program
The program provides degree-seeking students currently enrolled at a college or university with an opportunity to work in the hospital environment while helping support the work of TMC’s clinical staff.
The program requires an interview, medical testing and attendance at an orientation prior to beginning volunteer work. Those that successfully complete the program will receive a letter of completion and a professional hospital reference.
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program and in the second year or more of class work
- Able to commit to volunteer work of two consecutive semesters (Spring and Summer or Fall) for a total of at least 100 hours of volunteer work
- Able to be present and consistent in a weekly four-to- five hour volunteer shift and not be absent more than 3 shifts per semester (exemption for Spring Break and major holidays)
- Able to provide two professional or educational references at interview
- Able to attend New Student Volunteer Orientation in January
- Agree to exhibit TMC's Values while volunteering
Possible Work Areas:
- Emergency Department Lobby
- Outpatient Clinic at El Dorado Health Campus
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Pediatric Therapies
- Other areas in both clinical and non-clinical settings